Salem Capitol Cherry Blossom Family Photos
These Salem Capitol Cherry Blossom Family Photos were a dream! I loved photographing this fun family! And secret tip, we listened to the Bluey theme song, played peak-a-boo and had snacks to get these sweet smiles! I think the result is totally worth it! Can you believe this was only a 20 minute mini session that this family booked this Spring? You can do a lot in 20 minutes!
Photo Tips for Young Toddler
A lot of parents are understandably intimidated by taking photos with their 1-2 year olds. I get it! I have a wild 1 year old myself! Here are a few fun tips I implement n sessions like this!
- Choose sessions in the Spring, Summer and Fall if outdoors! Winter is too cold for the young babes! Also, avoid windy high altitude spots for the same reason. Warm babies are happy babies!
- Eat first! Eating after is not they way to go.
- Bring exciting snacks! But don’t pull them out until halfway through.
- Consider a neutral stuffy or wood toys!
- Come excited, kiddos play off our energy!
- Go with the flow. This ones a tough one for us mamas! My sessions are kid led, so I can make it fun and pose you around the kiddos so that we can get more natural, organic smiles!
- Lights. Sometimes I bring fun lights to sessions, like this. It helps get them to look if we need some extra help!
- Let me know in advance if they are shy or what things they like! I can be silly or play fun songs! I can alsp know whn to give them space and when to be fun. This helps a lot!
- Plan a fun reward for after that they understand (age dependent of course).
How to Book a Cherry Blossom Session
The cheery blossoms bloom roughly at the end of March through the third week of April. This year they bloomed late, so we may have more time! You can always check here to see if I have mini sessions open, otherwise, book a gull session here!
And you can always view more family sessions here!
What joy it is to photograph such fun families in this pretty spot!