Fitton Green Family Photos
Fitton Green is one of my all time favorite locations found in Corvallis, Oregon. I do many photo sessions here between May- October, the sweet spot being August and September. Getting to photograph Liz and her family here is such a sweet memory and reliving it through these photos was a joy. I loved how connected, sensitive and kind this family was. It allowed me to photograph a great combination of fun, silly and truly sweet images for them.
The Trick to Getting GREAT Photos Like These at Fitton Green
The trick to getting great Fitton Green photos like these:
- Book your session in August/ September- it’s golden and it’s not too cold.
- Wear dresses with movement. Long flowy dresses are great here when there is wind.
- Come prepared for wind! Let your kiddos know in advance.
- Come into the session with no expectations. Okay, hear me out. This family came into their session ready for anything and truly open to creativity. This allowed me to really get to know them and even go for more creative, fun + windswept shots. Come ready for anything!
- Wear neutrals + pastel colors for a soft look like this. If you want a bold look, go for red, berry, burnt orange or forest green colors. Avoid bold blues, bold yellows, purples, navy blue and most greens. Always feel free to reach out with specific color questions. Colors make up most of the vibe/ look of the photo shoot.
- Bring water, snack for young kids and comfortable shoes. There is a short uphill walk to this spot. It’s not a lot, but staying comfortable, especially in the warm summer, is huge!
My Favorite Movement’s of this Session
My favorite moments of this session were walking and chatting with these clients and watching the kiddos love running in the windy fields. I also loved at the end of the session I asked the parents to whisper into each child’s ear something they loved about them. The sweet reactions of their daughters to these unknown words of affirmation made me melt. Anyone else out there a big words of affirmation person?!
How to Book Family Photos at Fitton Green
These Corvallis, Oregon Fitton Green Family Photos are so soft and dreamy. I really recommend considering this location for your yearly family photos. To book a session, contact me here and let me know you love this spot. From there we will narrow down a day/time and I will send you a project proposal. Within that you sign and pay the retainer ($200, half the total cost of the session) and once completed- you’re booked! Then I will send you a client questionnaire and thorough outfit guide I created to help prepare you for your session!
What Happens After the Session
A week after the session, I send you a proof gallery of watermarked lightly edited images for you to choose from. A session like this would give you a proof gallery of about 75-100 images. From there you choose your favorite 20 and I get editing! A lot of photographers do what’s called “batch editing”- I go above and beyond this and spend a good amount of extra time “painting” the image. This is detail skin edits, skin smoothing, emphasizing the scenery in a natural way that fits the vibe of the session, correcting highlights and color correcting the image. Basically, I do some extra work to make your photos extra lovely. It takes about 4-6 weeks after you make your proof selections to receive your final photo gallery via an emailed online link.
So Reach Out
Reach out here to book- I would LOVE to have you!