Albany Oregon In Home Newborn Session
This Albany, Oregon in home newborn session was a freaking DREAM you guys! As an newborn photographer, I offer three different options for newborn sessions. Each option offers a unique lifestyle experience that makes your newborn session so connected and warm.
- In Home
- In Studio (I have my own! Or you can add on a studio spot at Studio NW in Portland or The Gray Lab in Salem or Corvallis!)
This sweet family chose the in home option! There are a few reasons why in home newborn sessions can be so fun!
Reasons to choose an in home newborn session:
- It usually makes you feel more at peace, more immediately! You have all your things there for your sweet newborn- all you need is the photographer!
- It’s warm + toasty! In Oregon we experience cold, wet and windy weather- so this beats the outdoors depending on the season!
- In a COVID world, at home sessions allow you to control more of the environment!
- If you’re still healing from labor, it’s nice to stay more comfortably at home for your newborn session!
- Often lighting is a little more moody than a studio session or an outdoor session- it makes for really connected + emotion filled images!
- There’s a sweet sentimentality for having your newborn photos done in your babies first home- their first room, with their sweet things- it documents a real season of life so well.
- If you have older kiddos as well as your baby it can be special and also help with the flow of the session. Kids usually feel immediately more comfortable in their own space. Also, when the older kids are done with photos, they can go play while we take more photos of you + your newborn!
- If you have pets, this is the easiest way to include them in photos!
It was so special to document this season for this beautiful family- there is something so significant about being asked into a families home to capture such sweet + fleeting moments. This Albany, Oregon newborn session was a true 10/10 in my book. It feels almost sacred + is really a moving experience. I leave these sessions always feeling like I know my clients better and can tell their story so richly through their images from the session.
Lets talk COVID safety for in home newborn sessions:
- I wear a mask the whole time! Safety first!
- I come with hand sanitizer in tow, though I also keep a safe distance.
- I use wide angle lenses + zoom lenses- this allows me to give you space!
I know it’s tempting to skip sessions like this when the world is so confusing + unclear. I strongly and passionately believe that I can offer these sessions safely and that these sessions will be so sorely missed years from now if skipped. The value in newborn sessions is one that is instant and long term. 4 weeks after your session when you get your photos, you will be shocked at home much your baby has grown in such a shot time. Years from now, the value of these photos will multiply so much. Newborn lifestyle sessions are such a precious peep into such a quick season of life- they are so worthwhile and so meaningful.
I would love to tell the story of these sweet and fleeting seasons of life for you. Whether an in home newborn session, a studio newborn session or an outdoor newborn session- I’m here to document these special moments for you. Reach out here to plan your session! Want more info? I have a full page devoted to them here!