Lebanon Oregon Newborn Session
This Lebanon, Oregon Studio Newborn session you guys!! There is something just so dang sweet about newborn sessions. Whether the first baby (like this sweet family) or if you have other kiddos- this season is so unique, special and so so fleeting. There is the tiniest window of time to capture your sweet connection with your newborn. There is an even smaller window in capturing them while they are their tiniest little selves. That’s why when I capture newborn sessions I focus on details- how they look in your arms, their tiny feet, little ears, their fingers holding yours, cutie little eyelashes- it’s all important.
The Heart Behind Newborn Sessions
As a lifestyle newborn photographer that serves the greater Salem area- Lebanon, Oregon is right in range of the local community I love to serve! I really love the lifestyle approach to newborn sessions and as you see in this sweet session at The Studio Jae, this Lebanon, Oregon Studio Newborn Session captured the real authenticity in this family. No silly, wrapped up poses. No babies in baskets dressed as flying cherubs in an elaborate backdrop. Simple connection. Warmth. Authenticity. Real life preserved. A season captured. That’s the beauty of lifestyle newborn sessions.
This sweet family had the option of a studio, in home or an outdoor newborn session. In the craziness of this COVID season, each option has its merits. Let’s talk about a few reasons why they chose a Lebanon, Oregon Studio Newborn Session.
Why you should choose a studio newborn session:
- You don’t have to worry about straightening up your home before your session.
- It keeps less people in your house when you have a newborn. Whether in a COVID world or not, some parents prefer keeping the home to themselves the first few months they have their little one.
- Gorgeous lighting. Half the battle for beautiful images are all in the lighting. Sometimes a home session can be a bit dark, which provides for a moodier look, like here. Both light types are amazing, but let’s acknowledge the beauty of a clean white backdrop.
- Lifestyle props! Specifically at this Lebanon, OR studio (WORTH THE DRIVE YOU GUYS) you will see that there are gorgeous props. A cute bed (I recommend beds for newborn sessions), backdrop options, decor, a curve wall.. Un pictured there are tables, couches, changing tables and more. It allows for gorgeous options without having to do some serious shopping.
- It’s temperature controlled! It beats the outdoors because its not rainy, windy, or cold- which can be hard on a newborn depending on the season or the look you’re going for. Also, for newborn sessions I recommend cranking up the heat (it helps so so much) and it’s better to do this at a studio than make your home swelteringly warm.
And I know you’ll ask, since we’re living in strange times as I write this.
How I can photograph a studio newborn session safely in a COVID world:
- Wide angle lenses, what a game changer. I have wide angle lenses and a zoom lens that allow me to provide social distancing.
- Studios that are open right now have strict cleaning policies. I also try to get there early anyway to do a wipe down beforehand to be safe!
- I also wear a mask! Another layer of protection!
- I’m a big fan of hand sanitizer- though I keep distance anyway, it’s still good to be prepared.
I am so grateful this sweet family decided to have their photos done by me in the form of their Lebanon, Oregon Newborn Session at the Studio Jae. My heart for newborn lifestyle sessions is huge. I really believe time is so fleeting and these sessions are so valuable. I did a poll on social media the other week and 67% of people said they regretted not having newborn photos done. THAT’S HUGE. 33% said they were so glad they decided to do a newborn session. Newborn photos are easy to miss and honestly, it’s a damn shame. Time moves so fast they are easy to miss but impossible to get back. These photos are so special you guys, just look at them!
I highly recommend booking your newborn session with your maternity session OR right when you announce your pregnancy- that way it becomes something you don’t forget to plan. Want to chat all things new baby newborn sessions- contact me and let’s get it planned! Want to see more about my newborn work? Click here for a full page of newborn goodness!