Canemah Bluff Family Photo Session
Hello, Canemah Bluff Family Photo Session! This may be my favorite spot for Portland, Oregon family photos! This spot is so fun, whether in the Spring, Summer, Fall or Winter! This cozy fall family session was done in the late Fall and the colors and tones are what family session dreams are made of! I am so grateful to this family for introducing me to this cool spot and for being the kindest and funnest to photograph! I am always so dang grateful I get to meet such cool families through this photo biz!
Let’s talk about Canemah Bluff
Canemah Bluff is located in Oregon City, part of the greater Portland, Oregon area. It overlooks the Willamette River and has an open forest vibe that I love. I love the openness because it gives kids the freedom to run around and enjoy the experience too. Another win in my book is that the nature park also has a playground for kiddos to get their wiggles out before or after your family session. Canemah Bluff is a great host to oak trees, fall color, beautiful greens and a fun wooden walking trail. Even better than all this, a Canemah Bluff family photo session is a bit less crowded than some of the big Portland spots, creating a more private and peaceful family session!
Coming from out of town? Here are some recommendations near Canemah Bluff
Here are some spots in Oregon City near Canemah Bluff to stop by while you’re in the area!
- Black Ink Coffee with get you the caffeine you need before you take on your family photos!
- Oh! Teriyaki makes for a yummy lunch before your photos! Make sure to bring extra clothes for the kiddos though, just in case! Teriyaki can be messy!
- Stop by the Oregon City Farmers Market! It’s open Saturdays year round and farmers markets are always fun for the whole fam!
- Make a weekend of it! Stay in Portland at the Kimpton Riverfront Hotel! There are so many family activities in the city to do for the weekend! Head to Powell’s Books, go to OMSI or grab some giant pancakes for breakfast at Stepping Stone Cafe! If you can make a weekend out of your family session , it adds to the fun of the experience!
How to prepare for a Canemah Bluff Family Photo Session
Here are a few tips to prep you for your family photo session at Canemah Bluff Nature Park!
- If it’s okay with you, let me know what snacks to bring! This family here was all about the gummy bears and it made it fun for the kiddos and helped me keep their attention and interest during the session!
- Tell the kiddos they can play at the park after! It gives them something fun to look forward to!
- In the Spring and Fall, dress in light layers! In the winter, opt for beanies and warmer layers! Keeping the kiddos comfortable makes for a better experience! You can also bring a cute blanket! I always am sure to bring some too since sitting photos are my fave to capture! It’s hard not to get connected photos when the prompt is “GROUP HUG!”
- Hand warmers are gold for young kiddos!
- Opt for sunrise or sunset photos when possible. Cloudy days though are my favorite for photos because they create even and soft light. Cloudy day photos are safe to happen at any time during the day.
- Wear neutrals and muted colors! If you’re going to do a bolder plaid, make sure only one family member does this and the rest wear solid colors (like pictured). Too many bold patterns is overwhelming!
Ready to book a Canemah Bluff Family Photo Session
Ready to book a Canemah Bluff Family Photo Session?! I sure hope so! This is my favorite photo spot in the greater Portland area and just love all the location options and the cozy oak tree vibes.
Want to learn more about my heart for family photography? See this page that’s fully devoted to families! I’m passionate by documenting the connected moments between you and your family in a fun and relaxed way, getting you photos that are truly unique to you. I joyfully serve families from Portland to Eugene, and everywhere in between.
Ready to book a session? Contact me here and let’s chat!
Can’t wait to talk soon!